So Ya’ll KNOW I’m a huge fan of date day. I might have mentioned it once or several times that the hubs and I have not missed a date day since we started in 2013.
It’s a few hours once a month. YOU CAN DO IT.
But look, I get it. When Duke Energy wants your entire pay check, your car needs brakes and your kid plays sports…….spending money on a date day is ‘extra.’ Got it.
Some of my best dates have been the cheapest. Let’s talk about cheap date days. So as examples, we’re going to keep each date under $30. You can take these ideas and adjust your budget as needed.
- Picnic water fall. Don’t think waterfalls exist in your area? Not true. Google creeks and streams in your zip code. I’m sure you will be suprised. Pack a small picnic—–cheese, crackers, chocolate. Oh please, don’t forget the wine! –This involves hiking!
- There are MANY wine tastings you can do for under $30. Google your local wineries. This is a great way to try new wines.
- Flea Markets! Such a fun date day! He gets $10 to spend on her. She gets $10 to spend on him. That leaves $10 for a hot dog lunch with soda:)
- Thrift stores- this can be very fun. He gets $15 to spend; she gets $15 to spend…….you’re gonna walk away with some fun bargains!
- Cook a meal together. But more than that…..go shopping together for the ingredients.
- Long drive during the fall. Just take off. Go watch the leaves change. Stop at a fruit/veggie stand. Have a small glass of wine. Stop in at an Amish store…..oh the baked goods. Just enjoy the afternoon.
- Local state/county parks offer paddle boat
- Shop local! Walk around and throw your $30 into your local town. Great way to explore
- I’ve said it MANY times and I’ll say it again……GROUPON!! A great way to try local business at as much as a 50% discount!! Ideas you just can’t imagine.
- Bike rental! So popular. YOu can go downtown and ride bikes around your city. Many parks have bike rentals. Save money and burn calories.
If you have great ideas, let us know so we can share.