Let’s keep going…….I could talk about saving money all. day. long.
Most of my suggestions are things you may be doing anyway.
- If you enjoy eating out or you and your spouse are in to date night, I highly recommend you get addicted to Groupon offers meal deals and activities for at least 50% off retail. This is a great way to try new places in your city without breaking your budget. Also, look for other similiar sites in your area. I like using HalfPriceCincy.com
- As I mentioned before, look through your play store for money saving apps. If you’re a Walmart shopper, you need the savings catcher app! Super simple. Each time you have a Walmart reciept simply click in the savings catcher app, snap a pic of the Q code. Walmart will compare their prices that you paid to the competiters in your area. If they find a lower price, you get the differnce back on the app, to spend at Walmart. Easy to use and it works!
- Do you ? You should! Yelp is a site where folks write reviews on everything!! Stores, dining, hotels, entertainment; you name it. So how does Yelp save you money???
1. There are many places with great Yelp reviews that want to keep their review standards high. So they offer cash back. Once you have a Yelp account, you can enter the card you frequently use to pay for things. Yelp has a list of resteraunts that offer cash back. Eat at one of those spots and they will automically put 5% of what you spend back on that card.
2. Before trying some where new I always check out Yelp first. If it has 300 reviews and only a 2 star rating, I’m not wasting my money. That’s way too many people having bad experiences.
Think you might want to write reviews? Write away! You may get nominated for Yelp Elite. This is a fun way to get to try loads of things in your city for FREE. Yelp is always sending me invites for events they are hosting. I’ve gone to some fun, amazing local places that I wouldn’t normally get to go to. Follow me!
- I know this is going to sound like a stretch when it comes to “money saving” but look at it this way….you don’t keep your back door open when your heat is running, do you?
Ok, so we have a very large deep freezer chest in our laundry room. This is an appliance we take full advantage of. If you have a deep freezer you know how chaotic they can be. Meat can get quickly buried under pizza rolls and the next thing you know your pork chops and roast are freezer burnt. That’s money you spent going straight in the garbage.
My solution? A white board. This hangs in the laundry room right next to the freezer. The idea is to write down everything you add to the freezer and erase everything you take out.
How does this save money???
1. It cuts down on the things that get buried and then get freezer burnt; those throwing away food you paid good money for in the garbage
2. It’s a fact that meal planning, around your family’s schedule, WILL save you money!! Every Sunday I study this board, look at our family calender to see what we’ve got going on and I meal plan around that. If it’s a busy evening, I know to plan something quick and simple. This gives you less chance of becoming desperate and just eating out several times a week…….drum roll……..saving you money.
I am always on the hunt for ways to save money. If you have some great ideas, let me know- cheers!