As I’ve said, Hubby and I have had a monthly date day since 2013. That’s A LOT of date days!
Finding the time is hard; planning a day and not letting business, anger, etc, get in the way…….it’s hard…so hard!
We don’t set “rules” but I’d love to give some guidelines!!!!
- You CAN and you WILL find 2 hours a month!!
There are many times that hubby and I have to sit down with a calendar to plan a date day. Yea, it sucks when you’re so busy you plan out 2 hours. Do it. DO IT.
- NO PRESSURE! Not every date day is an expensive restaurant. In fact…..just don’t.
- Soooo many ideas!!!
- Be open! #compromise If he loves beer, find a new brewery in town and be his DD……….in turn maybe find a new winery you love and he can be the DD.
- Set a money limit. It actually makes the adventure more fun!
- Commit! Do NOT skip a month. You can do this. And it is important. Make this a high priority
- Keep a journal! I keep a small box with index cards. I have a card for every single date day we’ve done; some with notes! I know every date day from the first; this not only helps as a reference but as a memory bank
- Again, NO PRESSURE!! Some date days are better than others….some are over whelming……some under whelming. Deep breathes.
- Be open!!! Maybe you’ve never tried red wine. Maybe you’ve never seen a Star Wars movie. Maybe you’ve never heard of an olive oil bar. Be. open.
- Dates are not dinner and a movie…….brunch; drinks and a appetizer
follow our post for ideas!!