I know we all want to eat healthy….we all say we’re gonna…..we all give it a shot. But damn it, it’s HARD!!!
My youngest daughter, through 5-6th grade was a vegetarian. She held her ground and I can image, living in a meat eating house, this may not have been easy.
Now she does eat meat but she’s health conscious. She’s a teenager so she does her fair share of damage but she’s making an effort and I support it 100%
Here’s a list of healthy snacks, school lunches and after school/before snacks. They are not in any order…….just brainstorm through the ideas and work with it.
- Hummus and pretzels…….let them try it!
- Deli Turkey wrapped in Colby cheese
- Mixed nuts- can get at the Dollar Tree
- Banana Chips
- 1/2 peanut butter sammy
- Tortilla wrap- tortilla shell wrapped with deli turkey and white cheese. Very healthy
- Fruit bowl with a cup of dipping yogurt
- Apple slices with a lil’ cup of peanut butter
- Ham slices with crackers
- Guacamole and chips
- Roasted ranch chip peas
- Hard boiled egg
- homemade granola bars- simple to make; lots of recipes on Pintrest
I welcome ideas!! Please comment and share!