In honor of Bree’s birthday , let’s do fun facts about dogs!
- It is a myth that dogs are color blind. They can actually see in color, just not as vividly as humans.
- Like human babies, Chihuahuas are born with a soft spot in their skull which closes with age
- President Lyndon Johnson had two beagles named Him and Her
- 87% of dog owners say their dog curls up beside them or at their feet while they watch T.V. (I would think this would be higher!)
- Obesity is the #1 health problem among dogs
- The world’s smartest dogs are thought to be (1) the border collie, (2) the poodle, and (3) the golden retriever
- Puppies sleep ninety percent of the day for their first few weeks
- Dalmatian puppies are born completely white.
- After birth, puppies’ eyes do not fully open until they’re about 12 days old