Found something similiar on Pintrest but thought, “what the heck, I can make that better!” If you are a #weightwatcher follower, I calculate these at 2 pts. a shell.
You will need:
- 3/4 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1/4 pound of lean ground turkey – I like to mix the two for a leaner mixture. You can use more or less meat, depending on how many shells you plan to stuff.
- taco seasoning
- can of diced tomatoes with chilis
- can of chilis
- can of southwest corn
- can of black beans
- bag of reduced fat shredded cheddar
- fat free cream cheese (very optional!)
- Stuffable shells
- Diced onion
- Boil shells per package instructions
- Brown burger and turkey together with diced onion (your choice of onion)
Add taco seasoning per instructions on package.
- Drain grease
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT cheese, salsa and shells to mixing bowl
- Once meat mixture cools a bit, add to mixture.
- mix well.
- Add mixture to stuffable shells. Add to casserole dish
- top with salsa and low fat shredded cheese.
- bake at 390 for 35 min.
- Serve with slow fat sour cream.