Oh my goodness this is GOOD!!!! I don’t know why but I rarely make my chicken and dumplings. I should make it more often; it’s a real crowd pleaser.
My recipe is a little drawn out but oh so good!
- You will need:
Veggies- my ‘go to’ for this recipe are carrots, peas, mushrooms, celery, onion and garlic. FRESH is best. If that’s not an option then go for frozen. Dice em’ up!
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts
- 4 cups of chicken broth. (That’s 2 cans)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 cups of Bisquick (I use Kroger brand)
- 2/3 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of EVOO
Let’s get started!
- Bake your chicken breast ahead. When done and cooled, shred.
- Add your EVOO to your soup pot @ low to med. heat.
- Throw in your veggies- add some salt and pepper. *You’re gonna wanna keep stirring those veggies over heat. Let your carrots soften. (You DON’T want crunchy carrots in this meal!)
- Once your crunchy veggies are softened, add your chicken broth then your can of cream of chicken soup.
- Now your flour to thicken your mix. Keep on med. heat.
- Go ahead and throw in more salt and pepper:)
- Ok, let’s dump that shredded chicken in now and let your mix come to a small boil.
- While that’s happening, mix your Bisquit and water for a soft, sticky dough.
- Once your mix has come to a boil, spoon drops of your dough on to the top of the mix.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook for about 12-14 min. Check to make sure your “dough” is now dumplings and cooked through. (no gooey dough)
Time to serve.
This always makes great left overs for lunch.