I LOVE the upper Ohio, Cleveland area!! It’s so beautiful. The lake is amazing. It’s like an ocean with no salt and no sharks. And I love camping. So combining both loves is amazing.
This was our first time at Geneva State Park.I can imagine that we will return. Not so much because the camping was amazing but more because it fits our needs. It’s camping and it’s right on the lake.
Not that it was bad; it wasn’t. Very clean park and I’m positive it was the quietest camp ground we’ve ever stayed in. VERY quite!
1. Quite (It’s a pro unless your a party animal when you’re camping)
2. Bathrooms clean/ Shower house clean.
3. Nice location. Very close to the Geneva strip and lots of local wineries.
4. Sites are clean and spacious.
5. The beach is within walking distance
6. The beach is very clean
7. Water pressure in the showers is great
1. Only 3 full hook ups in the whole campground. So pretty impossible to book. That stinks when you’d like to camp for a full week; to not have a water/sewage hook up.
2. No scheduled activities. I understand this. This is a prime area state park. There are thousands of things to do in the area. So I’m guessing that most people who camp here are camping for a place to sleep but are taking advantage of the area attractions most of the time. However, a few activities would be nice. For those camping with children.
Other things to mention are that as far as I know, there is only one shower house. But we were camping on a weekend, in the summer and I never waited to use the shower.
I THINK there is only one place to fill your water tank and one dump station. Again, not a big deal as we did not wait for either.
All in all, if you’re a camper, this campground is typical of the nice Ohio State Park system.
We will return!